Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

As I ride shotgun to West VA I look over at William and smile. I could have never imagined a year ago I'd be here. A year ago I was spending hours crying over a man who never deserved even a sliver of my heart...a year ago I brought in my new year around my closest friends while my man was nowhere to be found. A year ago I was "over it." Blessings are unpredictable because often we have to be painfully molded to be ready for the joy at the end. 

Here is a list of my top 3 Unpredictable Blessings of 2011:
  1. My job. Duh! LOL ... this year in my position I was blessed to see FOUR new countries: Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia and Cote d'Ivoire. It still amazes me that I'm blessed to see so much of Africa. So many people will never be able to afford to set foot on this continent and yet I was blessed see four additional countries! My suggestion? Save your money and venture to one of these countries! But which one, you ask? Here are the highlights to assist you in your decision:  Mozambique, if seafood, warm weather and dancing is your thing, this is where you want to be! Zouk, Kizomba, Salsa and local dances are sure you keep you sweatin' and smilin'!  Zimbabwe, if beef, beautiful weather, good wine and outside dining is your thing, this is where you want to be! Every single day was a perfect 75 degrees and once a very prosperous country, the beautiful buildings of that day remain upkept. At night garden dining with live music is popular. So close to South Africa the amazing beef and wine find itself in these restaurants. Its the first country in Africa that made me say to myself, "I could live here..." and then there is Ethiopia. If you prefer a country filled with spiritual traditions and Christian history, peaceful people, hour long massages for less than $20, (ladies) wash/blow out for less than $10, yummy food for vegetarians and meat eaters alike and amazing coffee, then this is the place for you! My time spent here was the most relaxing...plus its where I met William...
  2. William. What more do I need to say about this man? You've seen our photos and my happy love stati. What is amazing is how we grew up 15 minutes apart and yet God didn't see fit for us to cross paths until March 11 of this year, on what would've been AGPs birthday... I had to be emotionally leveled before I was ready to meet William. I had to be fed up and over dating boys before I was ready to accept and be loved by a man. I'm not always the best girlfriend because I'm still "under repairs" but his patience and our prayers have seen us through our first 6 months. I look forward to how much we grow together in the new year!
  3. Health. Not only my own but that of my friends and family. No funerals this year...thank God :)
I look forward to 2012. A year I pray God continues to mold and prepare me for His plan. And if the Mayans are right and the world ends this year I pray God finds me a worthy servant ... I have been blessed beyond measure and am humbled and grateful. Have a safe New Years Eve and blessed 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment