Friday, October 28, 2011

Week Two in Cote d'Ivoire

Kizi and I leave Cote d'Ivoire tonight at 9:50pm via Air France. 
The first week was filled with getting to know the country, culture, food and lecture based training.

The second week was filled with enjoying the company of those family and friends which have waited for Kizi's return (it has been 10 years since she was last in the country), enjoying foods that I marked as my favorites the first week, enjoying more of the culture and warm hospitality, ass rashes (the victim will remain nameless but it wasn't me with this issue LOL), a buttocks pimple, live reggae performance, hot sweaty dancing to zouk and coupdecale (a local form of dance), a malaria scare which resulted in a shot in the derriere covered by a bright orange band-aid (again, err it wasn't not moi that thought I had malaria lol), file review, intense and frustrating moments in learning French, emotional dinners and goodbyes.

Week two was intense to say the least.  Week two ensured that this country and the memories made here will be talked about for years to come.  Week two satisfied my curiosity of what this country may be like and what it would be like traveling / working with someone from Cote d'Ivoire.  Week two has come to an end which also brings this trip to an end.

"Shout out" to Kizi N'Kodia.  She not only documented our entire culinary experience here in Cote d'Ivoire (see her blog:  CHIC~FOOD~SAVEUR: Ivorian food diary) but she also worked hard in assisting me with the training and file review, she provided hours of laughter, she ensured we took advantage of all photo opportunities and most of all it was her family and friends that opened up their hearts and homes to me as an extension of her.  This trip would have been a completely different experience without her presence.  For her presence I am immeasurably grateful.  And now my favorite photo of us:



If you are my friend on Facebook then you have seen most of these photos but I wanted to add photos which captured some of my favorite moments here in Cote d'Ivoire.

We mean business!
Breakfast every morning.  Cost 375 CFA (approx 81 cents a day)



Business card of our "Business Man" ~ exchanged our USD in CFA

Peaceful Phoebe as a guest in the home of Mr. Michel N'Kodia
Kizi and I with our driver Alphonse.  Our driver and our alibi when Kizi daddy insists on giving us a curfew "Time Out." LOL
My look anytime I attempt to pronounce a dish in French.  This language is ridiculous LOL
Kizi, Yasmine and I ~ a day at the beach

Sibi and Kizi (this is the woman that makes my taste buds so happy with her poulet yassa)


Kizi and I ... this photo makes me happy.  We laughed quite a bit on this trip so I thought this photo to end this entry would be appropriate *smile*
A très bientôt Côte d'Ivoire!

No comments:

Post a Comment