Monday, January 23, 2012

Precious


Perhaps its genetics and therefore I am physically unable to escape the inevitable and thus, continuous spreading of my booty and hips.  Or it could just be my love for eating and my pure hate for the gym.  Hmm something to think about.  Nevertheless I have come to the conclusion that it is this jiggling booty that has caused me so much trouble over the years.  Not in terms of health but in terms of my love life.  Ten years ago, when my booty had less jiggle men approached me as if they had some sense, "Hello.  May I talk to you for a second?"  or "Excuse me, miss..."  The focus was 90% of the time on my face and the biggest compliment I received was on my smile or my eyes.   
 
Fast forward ten years and ten times the booty jiggle - all of that has changed!  My favorite over the years: a 40 something year old man, dressed in a business suit, clean shaven with briefcase in tow, "Damn! Good God Jesus look at all that ass!  Excuse me, excuse me, may I talk to you for a second Thickness?"  I guess "Thickness" was my name?  It also dawned on me that I had not been good enough to include "Holy Spirit" in his lust filled exclamation.   

True story - I cannot make this stuff up.  How did I respond to this seemingly professional man taking the Lord's name in vain for the sake of my ass?  I laughed.  Why?  Because this is all hilarious.  I do not know when men transformed into Clowns and Court Jesters but all of a sudden everything they said or did was amusing as if they were hired to perform in a circus.  Now approaching the exciting age of 33, I thank God for the wisdom and friendly advice of a colleague to just give William a try ...  and special thanks to those clowns and jesters of the past whom have allowed me to realize how precious William is in my life ~ as man of God, a friend and as my boo:

Written October 19, 2011 in Cote d’Ivoire
(extra information found in parenthesis)

Precious is the time we spent at Palomar
(Our first date restaurant)
Precious is the gentleman you were as we walked to my car.
(He really was a gentleman ~ walking on the side of the sidewalk closest to the street, opening my door ... not kissing me!  I wore my favorite lip gloss and no kiss! LOL .. 7 dates later I got one ~ it was worth the wait) 
Precious is the moment our eyes really saw into each other.
(We were watching Martin and our eyes met on a commercial break.  Im pretty sure this is when he too realized he liked me cuz this is when I got my first kiss lol) 
Precious is the “test” you passed when you met my father and mother.
(Mom, Dad and the family cat LOVED him!) 
Precious are the moments you gracefully lose in spades.
(Boo is good at many things but Spades ain't one of them!) 
Precious are the memories that make me smile when I’m away.
Precious is when we fill a room with our laughter.
Precious are even the times we cannot stand each other.
(ALWAYS arguing! But that's my boo!  I didn't want a "yes man" anyway!)
Precious is the pride I feel when I watch you play.
(Boo is so so shy .. except when he is playing! On those drums his personality comes out in a huge way!  He's pretty amazing.  You should treat yourself and come see him play sometime lol) 
Precious is the peace I feel when it’s beside you I lay.
(Thanking God he doesn't snore so I can get a good night's rest LOL) 
Precious is our story.
(Once upon a time, in a smoky hotel bar/lounge in Ethiopia ...) 
Precious is our time.
(7 months!) 
Precious is us.
(William and Phoebe sittin' in a tree...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment