Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A.D.D Moment in Doodles

Something you should know about me:  when I am overwhelmed and my plate runneth over with things to do (at home or work) my focus goes out of wack.  I have a temporary A.D.D moment for no less than one hour. 

Today was such a day here in the office.  I love love my job but wow all of a sudden I need 10 - 12 hour workdays to include working on weekends.  But I dare not complain because I am working my dream job.  A position which was truly a blessing, a gift from God (insert "Praise Him! appropriately).  Anyha, mentally overwhelmed plus in and of meetings all day -- even too busy to eat lunch -- I sat numb brained at my desk and doodled. 

In January to ensure I would be entertained during these A.D.D moments I procured a desk calendar, "Doodle a Day." 
Sitting at my desk numb brained I noticed that my calendar was still on a date in August.  Forgetting what I was supposed to be doing, I decided to update my calendar to ensure it was on today's date.  While doing so I glanced at the lines on each page to see if I "saw" anything which I could draw.  Most of the lines were not very inspirational but there were four days that I saw a "vision" in the lines.  I pulled out my scented markers, permanent black marker and pencil.  Enjoy the results:

This one took me the longest and is my best "piece" I must say!

You can see the resemblance, right?  Maybe Franklin Flintstone, a cousin? LOL

The sharp lines going upward HAD to be mountain peaks in my mind...

Its gray and rainy today so I was inspired to find a way to draw a sun

Clearly my second A.D.D moment of the day was spent updating this blog LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment