Sunday, September 11, 2011

Digital Condolences


Before I share this short poem, remember that life is short.

Ten years ago today, within seconds, our world changed.  The United States of America was attacked ... thousands lost loved ones, tragically, unexpectedly.

AND

In the wee hours of today someone I knew lost their baby girl.  Happiness was interrupted.  Tears of joy, exchanged for those of mourning and pain.  She was born with the umbilical cord around her neck - strangled, death before she could experience life  outside her mother's womb... 

These two tragedies are what played in my mind as I closed my eyes, listened to my heart and typed.  When I opened them, this was the poem on the screen:

Digital Condolences


Its hard being here
you there, in pain ...
Sending comfort via Skype
its not the same.
But even as I am here
and you are there
I pray comfort for you and your family in my far away prayers. 
And if you need a digital ear in which to confide 
my Skype is on and laptop is by my side.
Written September 11, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment