Thursday, September 8, 2011

Men Wear Sneakers, Women Wear Stilettos ...

... why?  'Cuz I am not chasin' no man - not a one!  It is my job to PRANCE! It is YOUR job to CHASE!

What happened?  Where did our generation go wrong?  Why are men so complacent and actin' like chics?  Do not get me wrong, I am all for recognizing a good man but to chase him is ridiculous.  Especially when I wear stilettos!  I mean let's say I decide to be a "modern girl" and chase the man I want ... in stilettos anything could happen:  I could bust my ass (aka he will think I am too aggressive and be turned off), I could twist my ankle (aka he thinks its hot I approached him hmm I must be willing to give it up at this very moment) or I could get blisters / corns (aka we date for a while but in the end he is looking for a woman he can take care of and chase and then my feelings are hurt and I have the scars to prove it).

True Story Moment:
  I was in a popular club in DC.  The music was on point, the drinks were flowing, me and my girls looked GOOD (no for real, we were heatin' up the place *end conceited moment here*).  Anyha, this sexy chocolate brother was posted up on the bar and he too was looking GOOD.  Shape up was fresh, he was wearing all white (as was called for on this occasion) and you could smell the Givenchy Pi cologne coming from his pores (this scent drives me nuts)!  We make eye contact (sweet!).  So I do my part and I smile to let him know, "It is ok to approach me, I am interested."  He approaches and looks better and better the closer he gets to me.  I keep the smile on my face to let him know, "Yes, I was smiling at you and not the guy next to you."  You know, keep him encouraged.  He walks up, we exchange introductions and then this PAYASO comes out of his BOCA to say, "So when are you gonna do something different and buy me a drink."  *record scratching noise*  My jaw dropped.  I thought I heard him wrong.  But no, this ignorant negroid decides to repeat himself, "Yeah I mean we men are always buying you ladies drinks.  I'm sayin' when are you going to impress me, give me something to remember you by and buy me a drink."  I pulled out my pocket mirror and looked at myself for a second and then put it back in my purse (maybe he thought I had a desperate look on my face that I needed to wipe off immediately?).  I then proceeded to say, "You pranced over here expecting to be chased?  For real?  By someone who looks like me?"  I laughed, my girl laughed, the guy beside me laughed and then my girl and I walked away.  He stood there as we pranced off, as women should, looking idiotic.  The man (a stranger) that laughed with us at that payaso in white sent us drinks with a simple note, "Have a nice evening ladies." 

Men Wear Sneakers, Women Wear Stilettos ... They are meant to chase.  We are meant to prance.

Have you ever watch a prized stallion be led by their owner?  The owner knows the stallion is a prize, of value and so the owner holds on but slowly follows the stallion and if the stallion starts to prance, the owner prances, if the stallion starts to gallop, the owner gallops.  The owner follows the stallion and the pace set by the stallion.  This is MY job ~ I am a prize, of value ... so if you are looking to tame and obtain a stallion, then put on your sneakers and get ready for the chase!

This blog is my public private confessions.  You will read stories and think "Huh that doesn't happen in real life!"  Oh but it does ... to me ... internationally ... so Welcome to the Diary of LaKoketa.

No comments:

Post a Comment